This is an online competition for participants of all ages to contribute their ideas on new features for the OneService App and Portal. Participants can either compete as an individual or as a group of up to 5, or both. There is no need for participants to build any solution or prototype. Online submissions can be given in the form of a write-up (no more than 1,000 words), mock-up app (using Marvel, Scribd tools), PowerPoint presentation, e-poster, website, digitized copy of drawing, painting, or through any other digital medium that best conveys the idea.
This competition is open to all Singaporeans, and residents in Singapore, except staff from the Municipal Services Office.
To enter the competition, each idea must be submitted through the form here.
The idea must be submitted by 17 August 2018.
A panel of judges will evaluate the submissions and select eleven (11) winning submissions. The individual/group with the top submission will receive a cash prize of $500, while the next ten individuals/groups will receive a cash prize of $100.
Submissions will be ranked based on the following judging criteria:
1. Feasibility (40%) – Ease of Implementation and Identified Limitations
2. Creativity (30%) – Uniqueness and Innovativeness
3. Usefulness (30%) – Potential Benefits
Please note that the panel’s decision is final. In no event shall any correspondence or appeal regarding the decision be entertained.
Entry Terms and Conditions
- Participants can either compete as an individual or as a group of up to 5, or both.
- Each individual or group can submit a maximum of 3 ideas. Where MSO has received more than 3 submissions from the individual or group, only the first 3 submissions will be considered. The additional submissions which are submitted later will not be considered.
- All entry materials must be presented and written in English.
- Participants must provide truthful and accurate contact and personal information.
- Only entries that are received by the closing date, and entries that meet all the entry conditions, will be eligible for judging.
- By presenting a submission to MSO through the form here, each and every participant irrevocably agrees that all rights, title to, and interest in the submission and its content shall vest in the Government, free from all encumbrances whatsoever. In this regard, MSO shall have the right to use or distribute the submission and its contents for any purpose and in any manner whatsoever, without the need to compensate or attribute the individual or group that presented the submission (regardless of whether the individual or group is eventually picked as a winner, and regardless of whether the submission is one of the first 3 submissions from the individual or group).
- For the avoidance of any doubt, any Intellectual Property, in any results, report, data or information generated or produced by MSO, or another person on behalf of the MSO as a result of the OneService: Call for Ideas, shall be owned by the Government.
- MSO reserves the right to forfeit the prize in the event that:
(a) the winner has not complied with any of these Terms and Conditions;
(b) MSO is unable to contact the winner / best means;
(c) the winner has not responded to MSO within one (1) month of the date of MSO’s notification; and
(d) the winner has committed any act of fraud or dishonestly, or has misrepresented anything in connection with the submission.
- Each Winner consents to MSO disclosing and/or publishing to the general public his/her personal data (including his/her name and photograph) in any manner which MSO may deem fit for publicity purposes.
Winners will be invited to attend the Prize Presentation Ceremony on 2 Sep 2018 (PM). Notifications will be sent out at least one week in advance. Winners are required to present a form of identification, i.e., NRIC, passport, or driving licence, for verification when collecting their prizes.
For more information
You may drop an email to the following personnel:
Mr Brian Liu : firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Clara Ling : email@example.com